Clearwater Propane is seeking a qualified candidate for Installation & Service Representative
JOB SUMMARY: Installs, removes, and maintains tanks, appliances, and occasionally delivers propane. Also performs sales including gathering leads, site surveys, new customer gas checks, and gas turn-ons and disconnects. Position reports to the Company’s Lewiston, Idaho facility.Apply Now
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time (40 Hours/Week), Non-Exempt, Hourly Position.
SUPERVISION: Responsible to and under the direct supervision of the Operations and Sales Supervisor.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum of a High school diploma/GED and at least three (3) years’ work experience in a related position. An Associate of Applied Science Degree in Appliance Repair, or HVAC license preferred.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Shall be familiar with Company Bylaws, policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Stays informed of general Company issues and attends related training classes.
- Medic First Aid and CPR card and be proficient in their application preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, confidentiality, dependability, and flexibility along with initiative and motivation to organize and complete tasks and meet deadlines, acting independently and with minimum supervision and direction.
- Shall perform duties and assignments, and conduct self in such a manner as to reflect credit on the Company and contribute to an increasingly better understanding and harmonious relationship with customers and the general public.
- A professional appearance is important along with excellent skills in human relations with the ability to work as a team member.
- Must be physically able to sit at a computer desk using repetitive hand/arm motion and be able to perform strenuous tasks such as lifting, carrying, and hiking over rough terrain while carrying equipment. Must be able to pull 1 1/2 inch bulk delivery hose and fittings from Company vehicle to customer tank (maximum 150 feet) 20 to 30 times per day by hand and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must establish their permanent residence and live within thirty (30) minutes’ driving time to the Headquarters they are assigned. Must maintain and be accessible by phone.
- Must obtain within 30 days of employment, a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License in accordance with the U.S. Dept. of Transportation regulations in their state of residency with the following endorsements: air brakes, hazardous materials, tanker.
- Must obtain an Idaho Petroleum Fuel Dealers License within one (1) year of initial employment and an Idaho LP Specialty HVAC Journeyman license, or equivalent, within two (2) years of initial employment.
- Installs bulk storage tanks for systems at residential and commercial customer
- Delivers, repairs, installs and maintains, at customer locations, a variety of LP gas appliances and equipment which include furnaces, ranges, water heaters, generators, etc.
- Educates customers on the proper operation, maintenance and safety of appliances and gas equipment.
- Prepares work orders, invoices, and reports of work performed and gas deliveries.
- Confers with customers to determine preferred location of bulk storage tanks and equipment in compliance with industry, state, and local regulations and Company’s safety standards.
- Installs and maintains gas piping systems, which includes but is not limited to underground gas lines, above-ground gas lines, inside piping, regulators, meters, and liquid dispensing systems.
- Makes detailed check of installations, including gas and pressure checks, to ensure proper operations of Company’s and customer’s equipment.
- Occasionally, loads and delivers LP gas via bobtail truck to Company’s customers including residential and commercial accounts.
- Promotes the use of LP gas by suggesting additional uses to customers and relating the quality, service and dependability of Company products.
- Maintains, paints, and repairs Company-owned equipment, which includes tanks, cylinders, valves, etc.
- Operates Company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Inspects Company vehicle daily and reports any problems according to established Company policies and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Available for night, weekend, and holiday after-hour calls on a rotating basis.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.